Morton’s Neuroma: Home Remedies
Cultures around the world have been using at home remedies for centuries using only herbal and natural remedies. Most people today ignore at home remedies especially in western countries. In spite of our advances in medical technology, majority of the people around the world are still implementing the traditional ways.
Home remedies can also help you relieve body pains like sprains and the pain caused by morton’s neuroma. You can follow the home remedy recommendations below:
- Anti-Inflammatory drugs. Certain over the counter medications like herbal anti-inflammatory pills, motron and advil can reduce the pain, inflammation and pressure. Before you take these drugs, make sure that you consult your physician if you have any problems with your heart, kidney or liver.
- Ice Massage. Ice is known to lessen the pain and swelling. Get an ice pack or frozen bottled water and massage it to the foot’s problem area.
- New Footwear. Morton’s neuroma is also caused by footwear. Avoid wearing tight and high heeled footwear. Tight footwear can compress and add pressure on the nerves of the foot. The footwear should have an extra depth and broad toe box.
- Shoe Insert. This will reduce pressure by adding extra cushion and distributing the pressure properly.
- Take a Rest. By resting, you can relieve the repetitive stress to your foot from walking, running or jogging.